SEO Techniques You’re Doing Wrong
When it comes to the success of any website, SEO is considered to be the only major key. SEO or search engine optimization is the process of obtaining traffic to a specific website or online portal. Basically, it is about the number of times that it appears in the search results because the more frequent it appears, the more visitors it will receive from the users of the search engine. In SEO, the algorithm, or the way that search engines work is being considered so that the keywords or the exact terms being typed in the search box by the target audience will be utilized in the content or the title of the content. So if you are wondering if SEO is necessary, then yes it is because this is what you need so that your website appears on the higher ranked results when internet users search for information on the internet. If you are applying SEO to your websites, here are the top common mistakes that you need to avoid:
1. Choosing wrong keywords Keywords are still crucial to your SEO, however, one of the most common mistakes that both beginners and experts usually commit is targeting the wrong keywords. If you want your website to appear in search results, you need to be very careful in choosing your keywords. Another common mistake committed when it comes to keywords is stuffing. It means that the exact keyword phrase is being used too many times in a paragraph. Aside from the fact that it will sound redundant, search engines will not rank you on the top ranks, and you will even be penalized instead. It is okay to focus on your keywords but make sure that you do not force it.
2. Anchor text Anchor text refers to the words that you can click on in a hyperlink. This is what’s going to help you get more traffic to your website because the links on your pages will lead to the other content on your website. But just make sure that you do not just entirely rely on anchor text and it is better to have a healthy mixture or branded text and naked links.
3. Image optimization Website content is always more attractive if they have images attached to them. Content with visuals usually gets more clicks, shares, and likes. However, the problem is that search engines do not see images, so how are you supposed to optimize your image? What you need is to have a text description of what the image represents and how it is connected to your article. It does not have to sound complicated. All you have to do is to simply describe the image as if you are just telling someone a story. Another important thing you need to consider is the file size of your image because if your page loads too slow, you cannot expect a better SEO.
4. Link building strategy Backlinks can be very helpful in SEO, and while many people believe that it is the most effective strategy, they could be wrong. Why? That is because it is not just all about the numbers or quantity. If you are going to be using too many backlinks, it can possibly take a toll on your SEO strategy and might have negative effects. Instead of spending so much time on backlinks, why don’t you write good quality contents instead? And then, share it with the influencers in your niche, and also take the time to have them promoted on social media. It is always better to invest on something that will produce long-term results than taking the short and faster methods. It might take longer but it will be more worth it.
5. Followers When it comes to social media, it is not about the number of followers that you can gather. What matters is how active your engagement is with your fans and followers. In order to establish a relationship, trust, and loyalty among your followers, you need to connect with them first. Don’t aim to have hundreds and thousands of followers. Your goals should be making your relationship with them interactive because they are the ones who will be bringing additional traffic to your site. Admin2019-06-05T07:12:45+00:00